Indian | Family | with 2 adults + 2 kids
Posted : 2 yr. ago
We are an Indian family looking for a transfer helper. We have two children, boys aged 12 and 5, both of whom are in full-time school. No pets. Our home is located close to the Holland Village neighborhood. It is a 3 bedroom condo unit with separate helper’s quarters.
We are looking for someone who will be kind and friendly with the family, also responsible and organized in her work. In terms of laundry, ironing and cleaning, we will give the helper initial guidance but she will need to manage the schedule and work independently.
For cooking, we eat a mix of Indian (chicken, fish and vegetable curries, dhal) and Western dishes (roast chicken, casseroles, bakes), so it would be ideal if the helper has experience with baking and using the oven. If the helper does not have experience, but is interested to learn, that is fine too - we can teach her and send her for classes. We eat chicken and fish, however we do not eat red meat (beef/pork, etc). Helper will need to pack the younger child’s snacks and lunch-box in the morning, prepare breakfast for the family and prepare the dinner everyday. Lunch is only needed occasionally, mainly Saturday when the family is home and on days when the children are not at school.
- Separate Helper’s room with built-in desk and cupboard
- Attached bathroom
- Small personal fridge
- The helper is free to share food that is prepared for the family.
- In addition, we understand that everyone has their own preferences, so we give a small weekly allowance to buy any extra grocery items for her own use. Certain exclusions will apply.(Receipts to be produced). Helper is responsible for preparing her own lunch in her free time.
- Salary in line with experience, plus bonus for good performance
- All Sundays and public holidays off, however helper is to return home by 8pm on days off as our kids sleep early
- We will only consider hiring helpers that we can meet in person in Singapore
- Experience is good, however – pleasant personality, enthusiasm and willingness to learn is more important for us
- We are looking for a helper that is pro-active, takes initiative and doesn't wait to be told what to do