Indian | Family | with 2 adults + 1 kid | 3 - Member
Posted : 3 mo. ago
We are an Indian vegetarian couple with a 2-year old kid. We need a full-time, live-in female helper who can do all household chores, willing to learn cooking Indian vegetarian food and can also help to look after our kid.
We are nice, fun-loving people, and need an honest and reliable helper who can live like family with us.
My WhatsApp contact number is: +91-8454955803
1) Washing utensils: We love to cook and eat at home, so, there would be dishes to clean everyday.
2) Cleaning of the house, including kitchen and bathroom: To be done as required.
3) Cooking: You must either know how to cook Indian vegetarian food or be willing to learn to do so. We will fully help you with the more difficult parts until you are proficient, but you should be willing to learn. We expect breakfast, lunch and dinner to be cooked.
4) Childcare: Cleaning, dressing and feeding the kid, and also watching over him when he plays on his own.
5) Laundry: We have a washing machine to wash clothes, and an iron and a steamer for ironing/steaming. A few clothes per week would need to be washed/ironed. Some delicate clothes might need to be washed by hand.
6) Others: You might need to buy groceries sometimes if we can't order them online.
A few points to keep in mind:
We do have some special requirements, and they are very important to us. We can't compromise on these, so, please read these requirements carefully before applying.
1) We are pure vegetarians, which means we do not cook or eat meat and eggs. These should never be brought into the house. This is extremely important to us and we expect the helper to respect this. No meat/eggs in the house ever.
2) We would provide free food. However, as mentioned above, this would be pure vegetarian food. To reiterate, meat/eggs should never be brought inside the house.
So, you should be willing to eat completely vegetarian food. We can't allow any non-vegetarian products inside our house, and we can't eat food cooked by you if you are touching meat.
Of course, on your off day, when you go out, you can eat what you want, but upon coming back, please take a bath before going to kitchen and cooking.
I know this might sound strange, but this is very important to us. Please don't apply if you can't fulfill this requirement.
3) We have a 2 BHK house with a single bathroom. The second room would be provided to the helper. However, we have a lot of cabinets in that room, and some of our less-used stuff is kept there. The helper is free to use the empty cabinets. And, if we need something from that room, we would need to go into the room. We hope the helper is OK with this.
4) I would share the photos of the room or show it on a video call if the helper wants to see it before accepting the offer. I am also OK to invite the helper to see our house before she accepts the offer (I would pay 2-way MTR fare from the helper's current place).
5) The single bathroom would be shared between us and the helper.
6) We generally take a 2-week vacation in the year to go back to India. If the helper agrees, we would give her a 2-week paid annual leave within this period. If this is not possible due to some reason, she would get the normal 7-day leave at a time agreed upon by mutual consent.
7) You should follow hygienic practices. For example, after cleaning toilet, please take a bath before going to kitchen. And, after cleaning something, please wash your hands. We will give you instructions regarding these things, but you should be willing to follow hygienic practices.
8) We are looking for someone who is truthful and honest. Things can go wrong sometimes, but you should be willing to let us know if something goes wrong and not hide it.
9) We expect 2-way communication, so, if you are concerned about something, please discuss with us instead of sulking over it. And, if we have any concerns, we would say it as well.
Salary is negotiable. Please contact if interested. Please note that the conditions mentioned about vegetarian food are extremely important to us. If you can't fulfill those, please don't apply.