Saudi Arabian | Family | with 2 adults + 2 kids | 4 - Member
Posted: 2 yr. ago
Personal Chef Job Description:
We are a family based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, looking to hire a dedicated and skilled personal chef to prepare meals for our family according to their preferences and dietary needs. The personal chef's responsibilities include preparing meals for the family on daily basis and for events that are hosted in family’s homes, such as small dinner parties or special events, locating specialty items, such as organic or gluten-free products, and maintaining detailed records of the family’s food allergies and dietary restrictions. You should also ensure that meal ingredients are stored in a right way inside or outside the kitchen.
To be successful as a personal chef and get the job, you should be detail-oriented and have a basic knowledge of different cuisines. Ultimately, a top-notch personal chef should be able to handle criticism from the family members as well as demonstrate exceptional communication, time management, and customer service skills at all times.
Personal Chef Responsibilities:
• Conferring with family members to determine their meal preferences, specifications, food allergies, and dietary restrictions.
• Preparing customized meal plans for the family based on their preferences, specifications, and dietary needs.
• Shopping for meal ingredients as well as necessary kitchen tools and equipment.
• Inspecting meal ingredients before making purchases to ensure that they are of the highest quality and as preferred by the family.
• Preparing meals in family’s kitchens in accordance with food health and safety regulations.
• Cleaning and sanitizing work areas before and after meal preparation.
• Appropriately packaging and labeling prepared meals that are to be consumed at a later date.
• Providing the family with written or verbal instructions on how to heat meals.
Personal Chef Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor's or Associate's degree in culinary arts is preferred.
• Proven culinary experience.
• Basic knowledge of different cuisines as well as food health and safety regulations.
• A basic understanding of nutrition.
• The ability to handle criticism.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.